BayFest Goes Green!
BayFest is Alabama's Largest Music Festival and provides a chance for hundreds of thousands to experience the city like never before! Mobilians enjoy a quality of life unmatched to many places in the world and hosting the festival in the heart of downtown, right near Mobile Bay, gives everyone a chance to celebrate in an attractive, scenic environment. While we are all enjoying the beauty of Mobile, the music of amazing bands, and the overall experience of BayFest, let us remember to respect the area around us. Here are some ways that BayFest is working to reduce its environmental impact and that you too can take action on:
- Recycling: Aluminum and plastic recycling will be throughout the Festival grounds with containers next to trash cans. Got a can or plastic bottle? Please recycle and help reduce waste. BayFest is partnering with Green Solutions to coordinate recycling efforts.
- Volunteer with the Eco-Team: If you want to help with recycling efforts during the Festival, sign up to volunteer. You'll be helping BayFest to reduce its environmental impact, plus you'll get to enjoy the Festival music! Join the eco-team today!
- Transportation: There are a few different options to get you, your friends, and family to BayFest. Car pooling is another great option! Plus, why not ride the Wave? Wave buses stop at the Mobile Civic Center parking lot, at Jackson near Government around the hotels, County Garage and the Mobile Regional Airport Gateway. Click here to view the bus schedule.
- Support Small, Local Business: If you're looking for a great place to eat before the Festival or to dine between acts, Downtown Mobile has many delicious restaurants to choose from! BayFest allows re-entry to the festival up until 8pm nightly. For a full listing of restaurants downtown, visit the Downtown Mobile Directory. Stay tuned for an announcement on vendors that will be at BayFest this year!
- Children's Area: The Family and Children's Area has lots of fun activities planned and the Alabama Department of Environmental Management will be set up to raise awareness about the importance of recycling. Also, the Dauphin Island Sea Lab will be there with its "Touch Lab" to experience Gulf sea life up close and personal. For a full lineup of activities, click here.
Let the legacy of BayFest be about the music and not the trash - help us Go Green! In years to come BayFest will be working to adopt additional sustainable practices.
The following organizations have partnered together for the "BayFest Goes Green" Initiative:
Downtown Mobile Alliance, Green Solutions, Alabama Coastal Foundation, City of Mobile, Mobile Bay National Estuary Program, Mobile Baykeeper, and Keep Mobile Beautiful.