Family & Children's Area Activities
We have great fun for children of all ages!
OPEN SATURDAY AND SUNDAY - 2 P.M. TO 5 P.M.
Located in Bienville Square
- Picture yourself as a star at the BayFest photo booth.
- Interactive Demonstrations by the Gulf Coast Exploreum.
- Mobile Museum of Art - Create your own work of art.
- Experience the Dauphin Island Sea Lab's "Touch Lab."
- Get a caricature or silhouette cut-out made by David Bayne.
- Uncle Joe's Rolling Zoo.
- Meet Captain Jack Sparrow and The Mad Hatter.
- Visit with the Azalea Trail Maids, the Oakleigh Belles,
- Mobile BayBear Mascots and USA Jaguar and Cheerleaders.
- Creative hands-on craft projects, face painting, balloon clowns, sidewalk chalk, hula hoops, and more!
BP's Energy All Around You:
Children will have the opportunity to participate in interactive scientific experiments using everyday forms of energy.
BP's School of Hats:
Children will have the opportunity to create their own custom made fish or crab hat, embellish it with jewels markers and paint.
BP's Big Catch:
Children and adults alike can have their photo made with "The Big Catch" from the Gulf of Mexico using green screen technology and will receive a photo of themselves with their "Big Catch."
BP's Gone Fishing:
Children will learn from experienced fishermen how to cast a line and other fishing techniques.
Entertainment on Children's Stage
- Professor Zounds
- Budd McLean and Friends - Children's Musical Show
- Zuri Dance Company - "The Art of Belly Dancing"
- Star Karaoke with Debra Lewis
Be sure to check out the entertainment on the children's stage!